|Prof. S. B. Nimse
||V.C. Residence, Badshah Bagh, Lucknow University Campus, Lucknow
||91-522 - 2740467 (O) 91-522 – 2740467 +919422434043
|Date of Birth
||1st April, 1950
Earlier Vice Chancellor, Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, “Dnyanteerth”, Campus, Vishnupuri, Nanded – 431 606 (M.S.) INDIA.
- Ph.D. (Mathematics; General Topology), 1982
- M. Phil. (Mathematics), 1978 U.P. Governor‟s Award for distinguished achievement in M.Phil.
- M.Sc. (Mathematics-First Class) Pune University, 1974
Professional & Administrative Experience
- Vice Chancellor, Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, “Dnyanteerth”, Campus, Vishnupuri, Nanded – 431 606 (M.S.) INDIA.
- Principal, New Arts, Commerce & Science College, Ahmednagar (M.S.) since March,
2004 to 16th July, 2008.
- Director of Management Institute (Institute of Management, Research and Rural Development, Ahmednagar (M.S.) during 1990-1998.
- Director, MBA Center, IBMRD, Ahmednagar (M.S.) 1986-1990.
- Member, Management Council, University of Pune, since February-2006
- Dean, Faculty of Science, University of Pune, during Sept. 2001 to Sept. 2005.
- Chairman, Board of Studies in Mathematics, University of Pune, 1985 to 1991 and 2005 to 2008.
Membership of National / Professional Bodies
- Member, Governing Council of the Consultancy Development Centre, Govt. of India,
Ministry of Science & Technology, Department of Scientific & Industrial Research (DSIR),
New Delhi w.e.f. 10th July, 2012 (for three years).
- Member, Steering Committee for XIIth Five Year Plan on Higher Education, Planning
Commission of India, New Delhi, since April 2011.
- Secretary, (Admin), Indian Mathematical Society (IMS), 1st April, 2007 to 31st March,
- Executive Committee Member and Sectional President (ICT Section) of ISCA (2005-06)
- Life Member, Computer Society of India (CSI), Indian Mathematical Society (IMS), MAI,
Organisation of Conferences
- Organizing Secretary “International Conference on Fuzzy Mathematics and its
Applications” (Jan. 2007) and “National Conference on Fuzzy Mathematics and its
Applications” (Feb. 2008)
- Local Secretary, 63rd Annual Conference of Indian Mathematical Society (IMS)
- Director, “National Symposium on Fuzzy Topology and its Applications” (March 2001)
- Books: 12 books on Mathematics.
- Published Research Work: International Journal: 21,
National Journal: 11
- List of Ph.D. Completed students:
1. Mrs. S.V. Ingale
A study of orders R – Proximity Spaces and Related Topological Structures in L – fuzzy Spaces.
Dec. 2002, University of Pune (M.S.) India.
2. Maryam Yaghoubi
Categorical Study of Fuzzy Topological Structures.
(Pune University, Nov. 2006)
3. Mr. Bayaz Daraby
Fuzzy Topological Spaces and its Applications
Pune University, Jan. 2008.
4. Khaled Mohamed Ahmed
A study on some types of continuous multifunctions in fuzzy topological spaces.
(Pune University, 2008)
5. Smt. Suprabha D. Kulkarni
A Study of Nearness Structures in Topology and Fuzzy Topology
(Pune University, Nov. 2008)
- Presently six (06) Ph.D. students registered to Pune University and SRTM University, Nanded.
- Completed – Three (03) Research Projects on Mathematics
- Invited Speaker, 37th Iranian Mathematical Society (IMS), Tabriz (Azarbeizan), Iran (Nov-2006)
- Organizer, International Workshop in Mathematics (Dec, 05) at Islamic Azad University, Ghaemshahr Branch, Iran.
- Invited Speaker, “Forging New Frontiers “BISCSE 05; November 2-5, University of California, Berkeley, California, U.S.A.
- Visited U.S.A. for six months duration from July 1996 to Jan. 1997.
During this period :
(A) Attended, Joint conference of American Mathematical Society (AMS) Mathematical Association of America (MAA) held at „Washington State University‟, Seattle in Aug. 1996.
(B) Attended workshop on (1) Combinatorics (2) Enumeration and Posets (3) Lowdimension Topology, at M.S.R.I. (Mathematical Sciences Research Institute), Berkely,
(C) Participated in two weeks seminar on “Algebraic Topology” at Stanford University, Stanford.
- Participated in NAFSA 2009 Annual Conference & Expo held at Los Angeles, California, USA from 21st May, 2009 to 3rd June, 2009.
- Attended 17th Conference of Commonwealth Education Ministers & Vice-Chancellors (VC FORUM-09) held at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 14th to 20th June, 2009.
- Attended Symposium – EDUCON-2009 organised by Sakaal Media Group, Pune held at Bangkok, Thiland from 20th to 23rd August, 2009.
- Visited National University of Singapore (NUS) from 15th to 17th October, 2009.
- Attended 8th Asian Universities Presidents Forum (AUPF-2009) - Conference held at Jakarta, Indonesia from 18th to 21st October, 2009.
- Visit to South Korea to set up the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded, Maharashtra, India and the Hanyang University, Seoul, South Korea during 25th to 29th November, 2009.
- Visit to Israel from 11th to 22nd January, 2010 to participate in the 23rd Management of Higher Education Institutions Seminar (MHEIS) at Galillee College, Israel.
- Attended 6 th EDUCON 2010 – A symposium organized by Sakaal Media Group, Pune held at Colombo, Sri Lanka from 20th to 23rd August, 2010.
- Delivered invited talk on “Generalised Measures and Their Applications”, in ICMS 2010 –International Conference on Mathematical Sciences organized at Abant Izzet Baysal University, BOLU (Turkey) during 23 to 27 November, 2010.
- Participated in a 2 days interaction meeting as a ‘Member’ on “India-UK research collaboration and partnership” with British Department of Business and Innovation & Skills during 17th – 18th April, 2012 at London (UK) organised by Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, New Delhi.
- Attended International Workshop “Multidisciplinary Approach to University Leaders Development‟ held at Harvard University Campus (Boston) USA during the period from July 30th to August 3rd, 2012 organized by South Asia Initiative.