Guidelines for the Admission in B.El.Ed. Programme for Session 2022-23
1 Important Instructions
- 1.1 The instructions related to the admission given here are as per the Act, Ordinances, Rules & Regulations of the University.
- 1.2 Gap Certificate: If there is a gap in taking admission after Intermediate, then an affidavit certified by the Notary on a Rs. 10.00 Stamp paper has to be submitted at the time of admission.
- 1.3 If you want the benefit(s) of reservation or zero fees, then provide the details of the related certificates during the filling of the online application form. No candidate will be allowed to make any changes in weightage or reservation after the form is submitted.
- 1.4 The detailed information of the admission procedure will be displayed on the University website. Candidates are advised to check the University website regularly for updates.
- 1.5 After declaration of the merit list, a copy of the list will be displayed on the University website. The candidate himself/herself will find his/her merit number from the merit list. The merit list will not be published in the newspaper.
- 1.6 The benefit of reservation will be permissible only to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes candidates originally belonging to Uttar Pradesh. Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes candidates of other states will be treated as general candidates.
- 1.7 All fees deposited at the time of registration will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- 1.8 As directed by the Hon’ble Supreme Court, action will be taken against the students who indulge in ragging during studentship.
- 1.9 During counselling, seats are allotted on the basis of rank of candidates who have reported for counselling within the stipulated time and availability of seats in a particular college at that moment. No change of College would be allowed later. Candidates reporting late will have no claim if seats of higher choice are filled up. They would be offered choices of colleges available at that point of time.
- 1.10 Those candidates who have been expelled from any University/College/Institution or found guilty under Indian Penal Code are not eligible to apply for any course in the University of Lucknow.
- 1.11 Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in the current year can apply for admission but they should fulfil all eligibility conditions on the day of admission.
- 1.12 The reservation shall be given as permissible under the Uttar Pradesh Government / University Rules.
- 1.13 University reserves the right to cancel any admission at any stage.
- 1.14 All the legal matters pertaining to the admission shall be subject to Lucknow Judicature only.
2 About the B.El.Ed. Programme
- 2.1 The Ordinances pertain to the Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed.), which is a four- year professional degree programme of Teacher Education offered after Senior Secondary. The Programme is in a regular full time mode. It aims to prepare teachers for the elementary stage of education. i.e. for Classes I to VIII. In addition, the programme prepares students for a wide range of professional and academic options in elementary education including teaching in elementary schools with special orientation for government schools; leading elementary school systems in various capacities; teaching and research in elementary education in the government and non-governmental sector; pursuing post-graduate and research studies in education and other disciplines; and working as teacher educators in various State/Central Institutes and University Departments/Colleges offering programmes in elementary education.
- 2.2 The B.El.Ed. programme shall be offered only in a constituent or affiliated college of University of Lucknow offering undergraduate studies in liberal arts, humanities, social sciences, commerce, mathematics and sciences, or a constituent or affiliated college of University of Lucknow offering multiple Teacher Education Programme or Department of Education, University of Lucknow itself.
- 2.3.1 The integrated Elementary Teacher Education Degree programme henceforth, called the Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.), shall be of a minimum duration of four academic years, including an Internship of a minimum 20 working weeks of which 4 weeks shall be in third year of study and 16 working weeks shall be in a fourth/ final year of study.
- 2.3.2 Candidates admitted in this programme shall complete the final year examination within 6 years from the year of admission.
- 2.3.3 There shall be at least two hundred working days each year exclusive of admission and conduct of examination, and inclusive of the period of classroom transaction, practicum, engaging with schools and school internship. The institution shall work for a minimum of thirty six hours in a week (five or six days), during which faculty shall be available for the requirements of the programme including interaction with and mentoring students.
- 2.3.4 The minimum attendance of student teachers shall be 80% for all course work including practicum, and 90% for school internship.
2.4 Essential Qualification
2.4.1 Students applying for admission to the B.El.Ed should have cleared the 10+2 Senior Secondary Examination or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto with a minimum aggregate of 50 percent marks.
3 Reservation Policy
All reservations would be given as per State Government policies and University guidelines
|3.1.1 Vertical||maximum percentages|
|22.214.171.124 Scheduled Caste*||21%|
|126.96.36.199 Scheduled Tribe*||2%|
|188.8.131.52 OBC (Non Creamy Layer)*||27%|
|184.108.40.206 Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)*||10%|
|For details see 3.3 of this Guideline.|
220.127.116.11.2 *The scheduled caste, scheduled tribes and other backward class candidates originally belonging to Uttar Pradesh will be given the benefit of reservation. Scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and other backward class candidates of other states will be treated as general.
3.1.2 Horizontal Reservation
18.104.22.168 Son/daughter / spouse of LU Teachers/Employees As per University rules
22.214.171.124 Son/daughter/spouse of LU affiliated Govt./Aided Colleges of University of Lucknow and Govt. Ayurvedic College As per University rules
|126.96.36.199 Physically Handicapped/Disabled (including1% for blinds)||5%|
|188.8.131.52 Son / Daughter / Grand Son / Grand Daughter of Freedom Fighters from U.P.||2%|
|184.108.40.206 Son/Daughter of Retd. Defence Personnel or Physically Handicapped Defence Personnel or Defence Personnel killed in war or Defence Personnel posted in UP.||5%|
|3.2 Competent authorities for issuance of certificates|
|3.2.1 Physically Handicapped (220.127.116.11)||Chief Medical Officer of District|
|3.2.2 Freedom Fighter (18.104.22.168)||District Magistrate|
|3.2.3 Scheduled Caste (22.214.171.124)||District Magistrate, Addtional District Magistrate, City Magistrate, Pargana Magistrate or Tehsildar|
|3.2.4 Scheduled tribes (126.96.36.199)||District Magistrate, Additional District Magistrate, City Magistrate, Pargana Magistrate or Tehsildar|
|3.2.5 Other backward class (188.8.131.52)||District Magistrate, Additional District Magistrate, City Magistrate, Pargana Magistrate or Tehsildar|
|184.108.40.206 Income certificate (within 6 months)||District Magistrate, Additional District Magistrate, City Magistrate, Pargana Magistrate or Tehsildar|
|3.2.6 Teachers/ Employees of University (220.127.116.11)||Registrar, University of Lucknow. The certificates issued on or after 1st March of the year of admission will only be considered.|
|3.2.7 Teacher of the affiliated Govt./Aided Colleges of University of Lucknow and Govt. Ayurvedic College (18.104.22.168)||Principal of the college. The certificates issued on or after 1st March of the year of admission will only be considered.|
|*Caste & Income certificates shall be verified form relevent Government websites.|
3.3 Reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)
- 3.3.1 Applicants of the General category who want to claim the benefit of the EWS reservation have to upload the following documents during filling of online application forms
- 22.214.171.124 EWS certificate issued by the appropriate authority
4 Admission Process
- 4.1 Candidates seeking admission to the four year degree programme in Elementary teacher Education shall have to qualify the prescribed Lucknow University Centralized Entrance Test (LUCET), specially designed to assess the candidate’s potential or any other selection process as per the policy of University of Lucknow.
- 4.2 Candidates seeking admission in the B.El.Ed. Programme shall be admitted on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance examination conducted for this purpose.
- 4.2.1 The entrance test will comprise of 100 objective type questions to be answered in 90 minutes. The questions will be from Language ability (Hindi and English), General Awareness, Logical Reasoning, Mental Ability
- 4.2.2 Order of Merit will be determined as follows :-
- 126.96.36.199 If two or more candidates have secured equivalent marks/rank in the merit Index, then the merit for admission will be determined as follows:-
- 188.8.131.52 If the marks secured in the entrance test are same, in such cases, first preference will be given to the candidate who secures higher percentage of marks at Intermediate or equivalent examination.
- 184.108.40.206 If the marks obtained at the Intermediate or equivalent examination are the same, in such cases, first preference will be given to the candidate who secures higher percentage of marks at High School or equivalent examination.
- 220.127.116.11 If the marks obtained at the High School or equivalent examination are the same, then in that case the older candidate will be given priority.
Total intake of B.El.Ed. Course in one unit shall not exceed fifty students in a class or decided by NCTE norms enforced from time to time.
5 Fee Structure
6 Important Dates
|Online form submission starts||April 2, 2022|
|Last Date without late fee||May 31, 2022|
|Entrance Test||Dates will be declared later|
|Test Centre will be at Lucknow only|
7 Counseling Procedure
- 7.1 University of Lucknow will be adopting an Off Campus Online Counseling for the B.El.Ed. programme. Candidates have to register and submit choices after the result has been declared.
- 7.2 The prospective candidates are advised to keep visiting the University website regularly for announcements, notices and updates, because no separate information shall be sent to any prospective candidate.
|Program Helplines||7991200570 (Dean, Faculty of Education) 9450093586|
Requirements for Form Submission
- Valid Email ID
- Aadhaar No.
- Active Mobile Number
- Mobile number should be with the applicant at the time of form filling
- Login Credentials (Registration No. and Password) will be sent on the same Mobile Number and Email ID.
- Alternate Mobile Number (Preferably of parent)
- Scanned Photo in .jpeg format (Maximum upload size is 50 KB only)
- Scanned Signature in .jpeg format (Maximum upload size is 50 KB only)
- It is the sole responsibility of the student to go through the Guidelines and check his/her eligibility at the time of application. We will not verify the eligibility at the time of application submission. The eligibility will be verified by the University at the time of Counseling/Admission.
- Photo ID proof (for entering number)
- Any one of the following is valid for entering the number at the designated place in the online application form:
- Aadhaar Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Passport.
- General and OBC
- EWS Certificate
- Applicants who want to avail the benefit of Economically Weaker Section (EWS) seats have to choose YES on the personal information page. The certificate for this can be uploaded on the page where there is the option of uploading photo and signature. It is not compulsory to upload the certificate at the time of form filling. They would be needing the following certificates at the time of counseling:
- EWS certificate issued by the appropriate authority
- Self declaration certificate
- Caste Certificate
- The Caste Certificate Number issued by the competent authority will have to be entered for availing the benefit of reservation for OBC, SC and ST applicants. Validity of these certificates will be verified from the Government website.
- Applicants of OBC (Non Creamy Layer) category would require the following certificates at the time of counseling
- OBC Certificate issued on or after July 1, 2019
- The OBC Non Creamy layer certificate issued before July 1, 2019 will not be considered.
- The Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Class candidates originally belonging to Uttar Pradesh will be given the benefit of reservation. Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Class candidates of other States will be treated as general. The certificate for this must be uploaded on this page where there is an option for uploading photo and signature.
- Income Certificate
- Applicants will have to enter the number of these certificates at the time of filling of the form.
- The Income certificate has to be issued on or after January 1, 2022 and will be verified through the Government website.
- Certificates whose details are not available on this website will not be entertained.
- The applicants who do not have a valid income certificate issued by competent authority will not be given benefit of zero fees at the time of admission.
- During the form filling process the applicant can make the entries and save the information.
- If the applicant is unable to fill the form in one sitting or somehow the process is interrupted there is no need to register again. They can login using the credentials sent on their Mobile Number and Email ID and continue the process
- Applicants are advised to check all the data they have entered before submitting the application fee. If there is some error they can edit it or start the entire process again. Once they have submitted the application fee the data submitted in the registration page cannot be edited under any circumstances.
- Step 1 Registration
- Applicants have to fill the relevant details in the form. These fields cannot be edited later.
- Applicants will receive their login details in the mobile number and email ID provided at the time of registration.
- Step 2 Personal Details
- Applicants have to enter their personal details
- Step 3 Educational Qualifications
- Applicants have to fill their educational qualifications.
- Enter the marks of all the subjects mentioned in the mark sheets
(if result has been declared)
- Those applicants who have appeared for their Class 12 examination in 2022 have to fill in the name of the examination board and roll number now. All such applicants have to login and fill their marks obtained in the Class 12 examination before appearing for counseling.
- Step 4 Upload photo and signature
- Applicants have to upload their photo and scanned signature.
- Step 5 Preview
- Applicants can preview all the entries made at this point. If there is some error, they can edit it or start the entire process again. Once they have submitted the application fee, the data submitted or the registration page cannot be edited under any circumstances.
- Step 6 Application Fee
- If all the entries in the application form are correct the applicant can submit the form and proceed for payment of the application fee.
- Form fee can be submitted by any of the following ways:
- Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking
- Step 7 Print Application form
- Applicants can print their complete application form and fee receipt to complete the application process.
- Applicants have to retain a printout of their application form which will be needed later on.
- Applicants do not have to send the print out of the application form to the University.
- Restricted data can be edited by the candidate by logging into the admission website using the credentials sent to their registered Email ID and Mobile Number.
- In case the candidate has missed out on the login details, they can regenerate their password by clicking on the forgot password link and entering their registration number. The new login details will be sent to their registered mobile number/ e-mail ID.
- The submitted data will be locked after final submission. Till the last date of submission, applicant can make changes in certain fields like Date of Birth, Gender, Address, etc. Applicant’s Name, Father’s Name and Mother’s Name cannot be edited. Corrections in the category opted will be allowed only for General and OBC applicants.
- In case the payment is not updated immediately, applicants are advised to wait for at least 72 hours before contacting the technical helpline 0522-4150500 during working hours. They are also advised not to make multiple payments. All payments that are successful on the console will get updated automatically. They should note that no late fee or fine would be imposed on them.
- Those applicants who are appearing in their qualifying examination in 2022 have to fill in the name of the examination board now. All such applicants have to login and fill their marks obtained in the qualifying examination before appearing for counseling.
- Applicants who want to avail the benefit of Economically Weaker Section (EWS) seats have to choose 'YES' in the personal information page. The certificate for this can be uploaded on the page where there is an option of uploading the photo and signature. It is not compulsory to upload the certificate at the time of form filling.
- Applicants of the OBC, SC and ST category have to fill the caste certificate number in the space provided for this. In case they do not have the recent certificate, they can enter the number of the old certificate or the acknowledgement number and fill the form. The certificate for this can be uploaded on the page where there is an option of uploading the photo and signature. It is compulsory to upload the certificate at the time of form filling. It is compulsory to upload the certificate at the time of form filling
- Applicants of the SC and ST category who want to avail the benefit of zero fee are required to mention the income certificate number in the space provided for this. In case they do not have the recent certificate, they can enter the number of the old certificate or the acknowledgement number and fill the form. The certificate for this can be uploaded on the page where there is an option of uploading the photo and signature. It is compulsory to upload the certificate at the time of form filling. It is compulsory to upload the certificate at the time of form filling.
I have read and understood all the eligibility conditions and instructions regarding the Admission Process 2022 for the B.El.Ed. Programs of the University of Lucknow. I understand that it is my responsibility to check the eligibility criterion and other conditions of the Admission Process 2022 in the University of Lucknow. I am also aware that the University of Lucknow is not verifying the eligibility at the time of submission of online application and that it will be verified by the University at the time of admission. I also certify that I have not been expelled from any University/College/Institution or found guilty under the Indian Penal Code. I understand that if any information provided by me is found to be false, my application and my right to admission in the University of Lucknow shall stand null and void.